Wednesday, June 2, 2010

A gift box to me


I arrived home yesterday to find a large gift box on my door step full of delicious food and wine. It was sent by a friend Wendy, a fellow mum at Jack's school who had asked to read the first half of my manuscript.

The box included a card saying, "Thank you so much for allowing me the pleasure of reading your manuscript. Truly inspirational! You felt the fear and did it anyway. Well done."

When I rang Wendy to say thank you, she said that it was she that needed to thank me, because she had not read a book for seven years and on the occasional time that she did pick up a book she would fall asleep in the first five minutes."

In the case of my book, Wendy told me that she asked her husband Mike to take one of her three year old twin boys to the park so she could have some one on one time with her other young son. But as soon as they left the house, she put on a DVD for her child and started my book which she could not put down."

I am so touched by Wendy's words. Her enthusiam gives me hope, because I know that the chance of getting published is incredibly slim.

No comments: